Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

  1. #31
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    It's really frustrating. I remember a few years ago in this county a guy got shot and killed in PV cause he was accused of drinking. He wasn't black but he is dead now. Where was Obama then.
    GO VOLS

  2. #32
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    There are plenty of polite ways that he could have said "no comment".
    So he can be blasted for being politically correct, then everyone speculating what he thought about it? He didn't say anything out of line, amazes me how the same crowd that's always complaining about people being too PC, then Obama says something '...its "He shouldn't have said it"...kills me.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    So he can be blasted for being politically correct, then everyone speculating what he thought about it? He didn't say anything out of line, amazes me how the same crowd that's always complaining about people being too PC, then Obama says something '...its "He shouldn't have said it"...kills me.
    I pronounce you the redundant kid
    GO VOLS

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    The president of the United States should not be calling the actions of a group of officers "stupid" when he doesn't have all the facts himself. It is anything but presidential. They (Obama's advisers and he) realized that very quickly and I'm sure wished he had made no comment.

    Not speaking on an issue without having the proper information in front of you is not being P.C. it is being intelligent. No rational person would have criticised him for that.

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    If he was busting windows, I could see that...but jiggling with a lock?


    Obama was asked the question in the press-con on healthcare last night, I watched the whole thing live...he didn't go out of his way to say anything or make it a point, one of the reporters asked what his take on it was. He said he had no idea what race played in the situation, he just said the cop acted "stupidly" by arresting Gates for disorderly conduct. So, reverse discrimination my ass. What's pathetic about it, is that they've been hassling him ever since...when there's actually stuff that we need to be worried about, he said the same thing today.
    PLEASE tell me that you don't think that reverse racial discrimination exists. Man, I'd love to have you "ride shotgun" so to speak with me and my crew for a night. Surely to God you aren't that naive. That racism bit goes both ways.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    And you assume that everything the professors says is true. I see why you get along so well with 13, a/my professor said it so it's right.
    way to pick and choose what you quote

    i said we will never know the truth, because both sides are not gonna tell the absolute truth.
    i dont believe the police, and i also said i dont fully believe what the professor said



    just because you hate black people doesnt mean we all have to;

  7. #37
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post

    just because you hate black people doesnt mean we all have to;
    That's pathetic.
    GO VOLS

  8. #38
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    The president of the United States should not be calling the actions of a group of officers "stupid" when he doesn't have all the facts himself. It is anything but presidential. They (Obama's advisers and he) realized that very quickly and I'm sure wished he had made no comment.

    Not speaking on an issue without having the proper information in front of you is not being P.C. it is being intelligent. No rational person would have criticised him for that.

    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
    He said from what he knew, they acted stupidly. Should had worded it differently? Sure, because as soon as he said it I knew there would be a fuss. Was what he said wrong? Nope, not IMO. He's inviting them both to the White House, should be problem solved.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    PLEASE tell me that you don't think that reverse racial discrimination exists. Man, I'd love to have you "ride shotgun" so to speak with me and my crew for a night. Surely to God you aren't that naive. That racism bit goes both ways.
    Of course it exists, I thought you were saying he made a reverse-racism comment...i apologize if I read it wrong. I don't like that term though, it's racism/discrimination anyway you slice it and it's just as bad.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    He said from what he knew, they acted stupidly. Should had worded it differently? Sure, because as soon as he said it I knew there would be a fuss. Was what he said wrong? Nope, not IMO. He's inviting them both to the White House, should be problem solved.
    That's not what he said, maybe it's what you wish he had said, but it's not what he said. Here is what he said.

    "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that [Gates case]. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact."

    It's not the end of the world, I agree, but it's an unpresidential thing to say by any standards.

    Hold your breath until all three of them meet at the White House. Not likely to happen.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Black officer at scholar's home supports arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    That's not what he said, maybe it's what you wish he had said, but it's not what he said. Here is what he said.

    "I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that [Gates case]. But I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact."

    It's not the end of the world, I agree, but it's an unpresidential thing to say by any standards.

    Hold your breath until all three of them meet at the White House. Not likely to happen.
    I don't get it, it says exactly what I said...the Cambridge police acted supidly, just like I said. Again, I watched it live. The outrage was from the "acted stupidly" comment, haven't heard anything else and he didn't call him a racist...just like I said again, he even began by saying he didn't know what role race played in it. He was honest and the truth ****ed people off.


    Well Gates already accepted the offer today, haven't heard of the officer accepting yet, I would hope he'd man-up and accept.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •